I hosted a few old — and a few newer — girlfriends for a grown-up slumber party a few weekends ago.
We played games, told stories, enjoyed a tasty dinner out (Iberian Pig in Downtown Decatur) and stayed up 'til the wee morning hours giggling and chatting.
I also tried out a new drink recipe. Ever since I tried Pinnacle's smooth and affordably priced whip cream flavored vodka ($12 for a 750 ml), I knew it would be a great addition to a decadent martini.
Girls' Night Butterscotch Chocolate Martini
- 1 ounce Pinnacle Whip Cream vodka
- 1 ounce butterscotch schnapps
- 2 ounces milk (I used 2%)
- teaspoon chocolate syrup (or to taste — I used light Hershey chocolate syrup)
- (Combine in a martini shaker with ice; pour through strainer into chilled martini glasses)
Another thing I liked about this recipe is that it doesn't break the bank. For about $30, you probably have 20 martinis' worth of makings.
Yes, I am perfectly aware those are margarita glasses... I couldn't find the martini glass box in the basement.
Long live girls' nights!