Sunday, June 6, 2010

Filling the Built-ins: Worldly Touch

Around the same time I saw Hiking in Stiletto's post about being obsessed with maps, I started thinking about what we're going to do with our living room built-ins. 

We've never had built-ins before so I've been perplexed about how to handle them. I don't want the built-ins to be junky or cluttered but I want their contents to be interesting and appealing.

In the last two days, I've been hell bent on finding a globe to put in the built ins. 

I'm also hunting neat picture frames to space out on the shelves. Lastly, I may have to find a spot for Dan's grandfather's cuckoo clock. I think the vintage clock will look more endearing on the shelves versus on the wall.

I'll take pictures when I'm done!


Here's the antique 8-inch globe I'm bidding on ($9 plus $9 shipping on eBay). I hope I win!

No comments: