As you can see by the below, I am not one who's much into romantic comedies or the like; so if that's your dig, maybe my list isn't for you.
- American Psycho (Perfectly exquisite blend of 80's tunes, dark comedy, witty one-liners and a little bit of, well, psycho)
- Donnie Darko (Odd drama, great 80's music -- am I seeing a theme here?)
- Big Fish (Tim Burton does a great job; feel good, whimsical and "tall tale" kind of movie)
- Boondock Saints (I am not sure why this movie hasn't received more critical acclaim. What a beat 'em up, sock-it-to-em movie); my brother told me this weekend that a sequel is coming out!
- Good Fellas (Yes, I am a sucker for gangster flicks)
- City of God (Amazing cinematography, wild story of Rio de Janeiro... you almost forget you're reading subtitles)
- The Departed (Scorsese did it right)