Monday, July 20, 2009

I'll Make Your Clumsiness Look Less Clumsy (plus a celebration!)

Are you clumsy? Do you often do often do things, like spill diet root beer on your shirt or step on your own cell phone, then feel bad about it for days?

If you are clumsy in the slightest, my clumsiness should make you feel a little bit better about yours. Tonight I added a new klutzy move to my long repertoire, which includes:
  • Dropping a cell phone into a pool
  • Dropping a cell phone into a cup of water in my car console
  • Flushing my own phone down the toilet at our first Raging Burrito party
  • Pouring a glass of red wine on myself because I changed glasses (the first glass I was using was taller than the second...)
  • Dropping countless ketchup-laden french fries on white shirts
  • Accidentally writing on countless shirts and pants with pens and permanent markers
  • The list goes on longer than I'd like to admit




















R.I.P. electric toothbrush. I enjoyed you while you were still fresh and clean.

... and this post marks my 200th post to Katy Streams Her Consciousness. Cheers to 200-plus more random, stream-of-consciousness-style posts!

6 comments:

annabeck said...

dropping the toothbrush was funny, but being there to witness it was even funnier.

Kb_Mal said...

I still can't believe it happened.

Enjoyed seeing you and Alan, nah-nah!

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHAHA...this made me laugh like crazy. But you forgot my personal favorite klutzy moment: walking directly into a small wing wall in a corridor at a Japanese restaurant.

I love you and your all your klutziness :)

K_Streams_Her_C said...

aaahah, Maria. That wing of wall stuff was totally sticking out of nowhere!

Yesterday: knocked my open water bottle on a gym machine and spewed it all over the floor. Had to report my "clean up on aisle 3" to the gym management. Argh.

Organic Meatbag said...

I still can't believe a cell phone will even go down a toilet! Was it one of those turbo-flushers? Hahaha!

Kb_Mal said...

You know, Organic Meatbag, it didn't actually go DOWN the toilet but it almost did.

Here's the story. At a party we hosted at a bar two years ago, I had my phone in my back pocket so I could intercept any calls from lost friends. Early on in the evening, unbeknownst to me, the phone slipped out of my pocket into the toilet. Seeing that I always flush, I flushed.

When we got home LATE that night, I realized I was phoneless. Next morning: called the restaurant/bar to inquire about my phone. I was told the cleaning crew found a water-logged Samsung in the commode and they tossed it. Sucky sucky now!