Take this Bethenny Frankel...
Kroger is now offering a generic Crystal Light in lemon-lime. And I found out tonight it's delicious with Jose Cuervo on the rocks. My "skinny-ish girl margarita version 2.0" goes something like this. In a large highball glass, mix:
- 1/2 tbsp. Kroger brand lemon-lime drink mix — look for this where Crystal Light and Nestea powders are located (5 calories)
- 1.5 ounces Jose Cuervo Gold tequila (100 calories)
- Lots of ice
Bethenny's "Skinny Girl (TM) Margarita" (note: gross... I ordered it out once and was thoroughly gross and I was thoroughly embarrassed for being so high maintenance) — combine the below in a glass and garnish with a fresh lime wedge. (Note #2: nutrition facts not available.)
- 2 oz of Clear Premium Tequila (count 1, 2 while you pour, no need for measuring)
- Tiny splash of Orange Liquor
- Juice of 4 Fresh Lime Wedges
My focus group of one has unanimously voted my recipe as highly superior taste-wise. Not to mention my two ingredients are likely cheaper and easier to find compared to Bethenny's three. Take that, Real Housewife (but not a housewife) of New York!
(Photo from Cooking on the Side)