Monday, June 2, 2008

Bidding Farewells

I finally bit the bullet this afternoon and e-mailed my current colleagues to let them know I'm leaving. Despite feeling that it's time to move on to another job, it's still tough to bid farewell to those I've enjoyed working with.

It was tough to write the e-mail, decide who to send it to, press send... and read the responses. I am so overwhelmed with the support and compliments of those I've worked with, some of which I've never met since they work all around the country. Note, the person who mentioned the smile works at my office. If not, that would be creepy!


I will miss you. It has been a pleasure working with you. You did an exceptional job on [the employee magazine]. May your new career be everything you hope for and keep the creativity flowing. Thanks.

We are going to miss you and all the energy you devoted to [the employee magazine]. It's been a pleasure working with you and I wish you the best in your new job.

We will miss your shiny smile.

CONGRATULATIONS. I know we have never met face to face but, you have always been one of my favorite's. You will be missed but, never forgotten. I wish you and your family the best that life has to offer.

It's been great working with you. I don't believe we've ever met, but your e-mails are always happy and positive so I'm sure you're a wonderful person. Best of luck!

You have done an excellent job & we appreciate your hard work. It has been a pleasure to work with you.

Sorry to see you go Katy. I will miss your enthusiasm and your excitement for life. Have a wonderful transition period and maybe our paths will cross again in the future. Good Luck!

Best wishes to you personally and professionally. Thank you for all your support of the volunteer activities....you very effectively helped in many ways to spread the word and encourage volunteerism at the Rock. I'll miss you!

What an honor it's been to work with such a broad range of great, appreciative people. I'm going to miss this.

1 comment:

moeko said...

wow! those are so nice : )