Sunday, June 29, 2008

Rock and Roll (Mostly)

I've been a terrible blogger lately! I have thought of some good topics to write on but haven't made the time to write in a while. Check back soon for a recap of our Rathbun's dinner (see May 21 post for part one) and a summary of Dan and my travels to Ft. Collins, Colorado.

Anyway, something recently made me want to make a list of all that bands I've seen. As you know, lists are quite enjoyable for me. I believe my list may have been prompted by hearing my dad talk about some of the bands he's seen (KISS, Alice Cooper, etc.)... and I decided it would be neat to have my own list.

Few music acts traveled to Eufaula, Alabama or Columbus, Georgia during my years there; plus with rather protective parents, I wasn't allowed to make the two hour trek from Columbus to Atlanta for shows. I can say, however, that a lack of concerts in my pre-college years definitely gave me additional appreciation and interest later in life.

Now the question is "which of these bands will make it to 'classic rock' status in 20 years?"

Shinedown
Nine Days
Third Eye Blind (2)
Everclear (most terrible sounding live band I've ever seen)
Cake
Maroon 5 (4)
John Mayer (3)
Stone Temple Pilots (2)
Incubus (4)
No Doubt
Garbage
Better Than Ezra (6)
Hot Hot Heat
Coldplay (2)
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Vertical Horizon
I Am the World Trade Center
Pacifier
Chevelle
Puddle of Mudd
Bon Jovi
The Killers
The Fray
Matisyahu
Cheap Trick
Good Charlotte
OAR
Train
Hoobastank
Bush
Evanescence
Pete Yorn (really great show despite not knowing but one of his songs at the time)
Death Cab for Cutie
Jump, Little Children
Gavin DeGraw
Dave Matthews Band
(possibly a few I forgot)

Updates
Nov.: Madonna
3/27: Collective Soul (awesome)
9/1: Depeche Mode

And to think it all started with a handful of privileged concerts (Hootie and the Blowfish in 6th grade with my youth group, Gin Blossoms with my mom in 8th grade and a few Audio Adrenaline shows with my friend Elizabeth Hamrick during middle school).


No comments: