Thursday, May 14, 2009

Delirious: Streaming My Consciousness

This is streaming my consciousness at it's best (or worst?).

As I sit here, trying to get my brain focused on doing some work, my mind drifts off into super odd places. I just spent about 15 minutes pondering the following deep, serious life questions:
  • Why doesn't Heinz make individual ketchup packets larger? I don't know anyone who uses only ONE packet... and we all know that less packaging per volume saves money and space (think the Coca-Cola "Fridge Pack")
  • In middle school, was it uncool to wear both your backpack straps or the color purple? WTF was wrong with us? Or maybe that just my school...
  • Is it only a matter of time before Truitt Cathy opens up Chick-Fil-A on Sundays as well? I mean, imagine the revenue he's missing by only being open six days a week. Or perhaps his revenue wouldn't change much at all because all us Chick-Fil-A eaters out here make sure to get our fill before Sunday morning rolls around?
  • How the hell have nearly six months already elapsed since Christmas? What have I been doing all this time...?
  • When are we going to start seeing people throw 90's theme parties? Next year is my bet.
  • Why did I actually just answer a telemarketers phone call and spend 15 minutes answering his questions about why I decided to close my SunTrust checking account? Perhaps there's a name for it. Procrastination.

8 comments:

Mb said...

1. Agreed on the ketchup comment.
2. Seriously, why not purple. It's like my fave color now but I would have never dared to wear it in middle school.
3. I threw a 90s theme bday party for myself last year. Doing it again this year too. Whoot.

K_Streams_Her_C said...

Oooh! I want to come to your 90's party!

Love me some purp now, too.

annabeck said...

agreed on the ketchup packets.
6 months since Christmas?! CRAZY!
80s parties will forever be better than 90s parties.

K_Streams_Her_C said...

Yeah, Anna, where did all that time go? Out of control.

80's parties do rock my face, as is exhibited in many many many fun photos.

moeko said...

1. I agree with this - and it bothers me every time I see unnecessary, excess packaging.
2. My doctor told me not to wear my backpack on one shoulder bc it'd make my scoliosis worse. Did I listen? No - I had to be cool!
3. ChickfilA is def missing out on revenue by being closed on Sundays. Aren't people more likely to eat out on weekends? Everyone has craved ChickfilA on a Sunday.
4. I had similar thoughts very recently. I can't believe its about to be June!

K_Streams_Her_C said...

Mo, thanks for making me feel less crazy. You choose looking cool over keeping your scoliosis to a minimum? bad as$!

Unknown said...

I also ponder...wait, more like lament the ketchup issue EVERY TIME I am forced to use those pitiful little packets. Seriously, they need to recognize that people who like ketchup like A LOT of ketchup!!!

K_Streams_Her_C said...

Seriously, Maria!