Monday, May 11, 2009

Survey: Weirdest Wedding Moment

Many of my coworkers know I took a vacation day Friday for Moeko's rehearsal festivities, so several people have asked me today how the wedding went. Luckily I could respond, "Totally fun, great weather, no drama, laid-back bride and groom, etc. etc."

During one of these conversations, a coworker mentioned to me that the daughter of a good friend of his mother's also got married this weekend. They said their vows and as they were announced as husband and wife, they made another announcement... that they'd actually been legally married for four years already and never told anyone.

How bizarre. I mean, what? 

So that prompted me to ponder weird wedding moments. I don't know if I have any that good... but I do have a few. I was a bridesmaid in a wedding once and witnessed the mother of the bride telling the well-endowed bride that her breasts looked slutty in her wedding dress. (Note: she did not look inappropriate at all). That was fun. And we all know a girl who's kicked bridesmaids out of her wedding at the last minute. 

So, what's the most bizarre or dramatic wedding moment you've encountered? Do tell.

10 comments:

Mb said...

my uncle nearly beat the shit out of my cousin's groom at the wedding. no one witnessed it but months later the fight was talked about. haha. your wedding was totally normal but there were a handful of moment where i definitely wore a shocked expression. just many hilarious interactions but nothing offensive or inapprop.

K_Streams_Her_C said...

Haha. That's a good one, mb.

K_Streams_Her_C said...

And there's also that friend of mine who said, "I can't believe Katy's stepsister would wear a WHITE dress to Katy's wedding!" loud enough for my dad to hear. Muhaha.

Happygoth said...

My sister-in-law got married to this guy (who is awesome) from Kentucky, and as a result all his Kentucky relatives showed up. At the throwing of the bouquet, SIL missed and the bouquet landed on the floor in front of the assembled ladies. A cousin of the groom ran forward, shouted "It's MINE!" and picked it up with her toes. It was awesome.

Anonymous said...

I went to a wedding where the bride apparently went full on bridezilla after the rehearsal dinner. My best friend was this girl's MOH and had had enough. She told the bride she was out of control. The bride then yelled at all the bridesmaids and threw herself a pity party locking herself in a room and crying. The next day (blissful wedding day) she slapped her own mother open-handed about an hour before the ceremony. Somehow all this leaked and it's all the guests could talk about at the reception. I never saw this girl again after her wedding (as she was toxic with a capital T). Apparently she was divorced less than 2 years after. Oy vey!

ps. I like this post/topic - so much crazy stuff comes out!!!

K_Streams_Her_C said...

Laura, with her toes? Oh my. Please tell me she also had on cut off jean shorts...

And PLT, geez. That girl needed a Xanax.

Mb said...

K- ughhhh so not one of my smoother moves. wouldn't be surprised if you're pops hates me.

PLT- was this "friend" on the show bridezilla? cause if not, she should have been. crazy beast.

Anonymous said...

MB - you were the one who called out Katy's step sister?!!??! Priceless :)

No, this chick was not on Bridezilla (even though she was totally nutso crazy, she didn't fall into one of the two defined categories: trashy redneck or hoodrat queen). Watching Bridezilla is my guilty pleasure!

K_Streams_Her_C said...

MB, I think my dad liked it. He appreciates a feisty chick. And let's not forget about the awk wedding moment you posted on your blog a while back... eeeps!

PLT — I feels sorry for the poor soul that married that chick, even if it was for just two years.

Mb said...

K- come to think of it, there were a handful of times I was blushing cause of something I did (or something that someone said/did to me) that was awk. Like, um, Stav singing "Run Around Sue" to me.

PLT- it's official, I heart you. "redneck or hoodrat queen." LMAO. So true.