Sunday, October 5, 2008

Officially Married (and Sharing Vendor Reviews)


It's official! Dan and I "tied the knot" Saturday night at Wolf Mountain Vineyards in Dahlonega, Georgia. I can honestly say the weekend was incredible in every way. The people (friends and family), weather, views, food, logistics, vendors and more were all absolutely amazing. It's rather surreal but Dan and I are thrilled to be Mr. and Mrs. Mallory.

I thought it would be helpful to my metro-Atlanta friends (and others) to share reviews of the vendors we used. Since it's been a long (and wonderful) weekend, I thought I'd start with a simple and quick one.

We bought our wedding cake from Publix supermarket in nearby Gainesville, Georgia. We went to a tasting there in early February with our friends Maria and Kyle. Wow! I wouldn't have guessed their offerings would be so great. We decided on carrot cake with cream cheese icing (with a sheet cake of vanilla on vanilla for our pickier guests). We paid for the cake (including delivery) that day and never worried about it again. At about $350, this cake was well-priced for our 175 guests—and very tasty. 

The cake was topped off with some silk leaves and faux berries from Michael's and a vintage bride/groom cake topper care of my grandmother, Bette Beck. 

I would highly recommend the Publix bakery to anyone looking for a sophisticated, affordable and delicious wedding cake. 

(Photo courtesy Ben via Megan's camera)

1 comment:

Mb said...

Amazing cake. But seriously, let's talk about the food. BEST!EVENT!FOOD!EVER!