Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Going Away Present (Mmmmmemories)

When I arrived at my last day of work with my former company (this past Friday), I had a curious gift waiting for me on my chair. With scribbly writing said, "from Scott."

"What's so awesome about this gift?" you ask?



Well, Scott and I happened to be the same age and have a class together at The University of Georgia. And most anyone (not ME, of course!) who was in our class spent a few more nights than they would like to admit at...

Uptown Lounge.

The joke was that their standards were so low that you could have a handwritten note from your mom that said, "My daughter is 21," and they would allow you into the establishment. 

A few years ago, Scott and some friends made these Uptown Lounge Alumni Association shirts as a joke. Boy am I glad he had a leftover size small — I am going to wear this thing with a mix of extreme pride and shame.

p.s. To BJ the stocky bouncer from Uptown Lounge, if you're out there, Scott & Co. have a size XXL for you if you would like it. 

7 comments:

Jason said...

WANT.

Mego said...

omg! that was my first bar....at age 16....

Allison said...

this is awesome... seriously.

Kb_Mal said...

Can't wait to wear it out for the first time!

Scott said...

Apparently they are still for sale on Zazzle...they perfectly compliment $3 fishbowl margaritas.

Kb_Mal said...

Good to know! Thanks, Scott!

Lindsay said...

I am getting one...that is awesome...I definately danced on their bar as an 18 year old. So classy...