After two houses that led to mild disappointment, we were happy to arrive at house #3. This house, like house #2, has been on the market for quite sometime. Despite its price not moving much over the past 12 months, our interest has remained peaked.
This house is at the top of our price range as well, but considering that it's "move-in ready" (i.e., won't require much/any additional funds or work), it could be within reach after a few months of saving.
Dan and I both felt rather at home in this place. The layout is family friendly (don't start any rumors - no "family" for us just yet) and cozy. The home has four bedrooms, two baths, a formal living room and a TV/family room. I wish the kitchen were a little larger; but what it lacks in size is made up by the open floor plan (I can just visualize cooking and entertaining guests as they hang out in the family room).
- Great curb appeal
- Move-in ready
- Nice-sized front and backyards (with deck for entertaining)
- Four bedrooms plus a second living area
- Two-car garage
- Good neighborhood (good school districts, opt-in swim/tennis community, friendly neighbors)
- Wish the kitchen was a little larger (it's cute but it's about the same size as our current kitchen when you consider counter space and cabinet space)
- Top of price range — and the sellers haven't budged on the price over the course of the listing
- Laundry in the garage (note: this isn't a deal breaker by any means, but it is a little of a con)
- Master suite is small-ish (bath has compact stand-up shower and could benefit from a light cosmetic update; bedroom itself is about the same as ours now)
- Fourth bedroom is more suitable for an office — or eventual nursery (ah!)
Verdict: Definitely one to keep on our list. :)