This 4/3 house is one of our favorites, though we know from experience with selling our own house that we shouldn't get prematurely too excited about anything as it relates to real estate. We stopped by this house last weekend and again today.
This estate sale house is in a prime location and has lots of potential. See below for my pros and cons.
I think that's one groovy couch! Dan disagrees.
The "Happy 90th birthday, Grandma" quilt was kind of sad... :(
- Killer location (biking/walking location to downtown Decatur)
- Good footprint with lots of square footage
- Finished in-law suite/apartment in basement
- Additional basement area to finish if we wanted to
- Good school district
- Did I mention fantastic location?
- Two-car carport
- Well-maintained exterior
- High-end neighborhood would support whatever renovations we wanted to do
- Top of our price range and still requires some work (though we think Dan could do some of the work little-by-little, and we could cash-flow it)
- Higher taxes (I'm talking like $6,200/year high — yikes!)
- Carpet needs replacing (including the carpet in the bathroom — WTF? — needing to be replaced by tile)
- Kitchen could use some updates (though it seems livable) — and it's a galley kitchen (not ideal but definitely do-able)
- Dated bathrooms
- Seems to have some water damage in the kitchen (in the ceiling)
- A little bit seems too good to be true