My blog title reads like a personal ad for a house, doesn't it?
This casa is a 3 bedroom/2 bath with a lot more space than we expected. In addition to a good-sized formal living room (sidenote: what does one do with a formal living room?), the house has a HUGE second living room that flows into a nice sunroom. This will make more sense when you see the photos. The house is located in the same nice neighborhood as this cute 3/2 we looked at last weekend.
This place is currently sitting in second or third place on my list.
View from spacious formal living room into dining room.
The kitchen has a similar layout to our last house — but the footprint is
a little bigger. We would want to update this.
View of her backside. Can't you just see a basketball goal back there?
Part of the (unfinished) basement. This basement has potential for growth.
- Convenient location to Toco Hills, downtown Decatur, the Virginia Highlands
- Established neighboorhood
- Lots of space
- Priced within our boundaries
- Our investments in the home would be supported by the neighborhood — and we could cash-flow the improvements over time
- Room to finish part of the basement (one large room, a bedroom and small family room or some kind of in-law suite)
- Deep and wide two-car garage
- Optional swim/tennis club membership
- Bathrooms, kitchen need updating
- Screened in porch downstairs is accessed via the unfinished basement (awkward for now — but will be nice if we finished part of the basement)
- High taxes (more of this $6,000/year-ish stuff. ugh!)
- House sits slightly below street level
- Front porch slopes downward slightly (though this may be by design so it doesn't collect water)
- Curb appeal is better than the photos show — but it's not the "looker" from the street that this one is