This 4/3 (with a big bonus room!!!) split-level house was a late addition to our recent Sunday house hunting trip.
Dan saw it pop up in our gateway (an e-mail service that alerts you when new houses within your criteria come on the market) and asked if we could work it into the schedule. What a great find! The house needs very few changes (changing some linoleum to tile, maybe fancy-ing up the bathrooms a bit, etc.) and we could easily see ourselves living here.
This house is probably my #3, Dan's #1 or #2.
Cute split level.
Nice hardwoods, interesting beams, beautiful fireplace.
Updated kitchen with colors that go with our style.
Backyard, complete with a little storage shed.
- Priced within our budget
- Reasonable taxes
- T-O-N-S of space (2,500-ish square feet?) — four bedrooms plus a bonus room!!
- Family-oriented neighborhood
- Convenient to grocery shopping and my fave Goodwill (Northlake/Lavista Rd.)
- Cosmetically updated (granite counter tops, nice kitchen, neutral paints, etc.)
- Structurally well-maintained
- Neat exposed beams in the living room — and a beautiful fireplace
- Good-sized backyard
- Two-car carport
- Ever-so-slightly more northeast than I'd like (note: still a great area that I would be happy in)
- Street is nice but property values aren't quite the same as the Toco Hill-ish neighborhood we also looked in
- A few of the rooms need new flooring (totally understandable)
- (Honestly, not a lot of cons here)