We threw this one on our house visits list kind of last minute. While we aren't drafting-the-papers-right-now "in love," we do feel this place has potential. This four-sided brick ranch with good curb appeal is in Decatur near Toco Hills and Clairmont Road — and it's a quick drive to downtown Decatur.
Just like many of the houses we've seen, it needs some work — but improvements are also how you get a good deal and build equity in a home. (See below for my pros and cons)
Dated looking cabinets in the kitchen that could possibly be salvaged since
they're nice quality wood. Vast majority of kitchen needs renovating.
Look that linoleum!
Comfy back patio/slab that could be removed for a back-of-the-house expansion.
- Priced well
- Located in one of our “dream” neighborhoods (amongst really nice houses, established trees, swim/tennis club)
- Located in great school district (Lakeside)
- Good curb appeal (even better than photos show)
- Lot is situated where an addition should be pretty straightforward
- Good looking hardwoods
- 3/2 with one living area (we would like a little more space)
- Construction loans are more difficult and high-interest to get these days — and cash-flowing an expensive addition would be challenging
- Low pricing in great neighborhood makes us wonder what may be wrong with the house
- Kitchen needs updating
- One-car carport